Anyone else ready to ring in 2021 because you just can’t wait for 2020 to be over? I think so many of us are at an all-time low with Christmas being cancelled this year. Even though we are staying home, it’s important to try and keep our spirits up! So follow along as I try and add a little GLAM while we celebrate the holidays at home with hair, makeup, and outfit inspiration and tutorials that you can follow along from home.
Celebrate the Holidays at Home
I’m sure you are anticipating an uneventful New Years Eve, curled up on the couch in your sweatpants. What if you took some time, got all “dolled” up, and made the most of the night?! Okay, hear me out! I ALWAYS feel better when I’ve spent some time on myself and going the extra mile with hair and makeup gives me that extra boost of confidence. Maybe that’s exactly what we all need right now? Set up a little Zoom or Facetime party with your friends and encourage everyone to dress up and share a virtual drink together. Maybe plan a fun DIY holiday charcuterie dinner for you and your spouse, or your entire family?
Sparkly Gold Outfit
Since most of us are forced to stay home, you won’t feel any regret spending $39 on this classic gold sequin dress! If it’s too much sparkle for you, then try the same dress in black, or get just the sequin skirt for $29 or sequin cami top for $24. You may even want to twin with your daughter in this adorable pink little girl’s version. Sequins never go out of style so you can wear it next year too when you can venture out to a bustling social gathering!
This gold clutch is a total conversation piece. The perfect party girl’s purse that is moulded to fit a mini bottle of prosecco! This clutch came in the Holiday Box from a new subscription box called Curated Life. It is FULL of glamorous goodies and was featured in my 12 Days of Giveaways. Check out what’s inside and snag one before they are gone with code Kiki50 for 50% off!
There are some beautiful holiday palettes released during the holidays and you can still snag them. Some are even on clearance! A bold winged eyeliner and perfect red lipstick can go a long way to brighten your mood this year. Here’s how I achieved this gorgeous look!
- Face: Start with a foundation primer and then using a blending sponge, press your foundation evenly all over your face.
- Eyeshadow: Using the bareMinerals Warmth Eye and Cheek Palette, line your lower lash line using a fine brush and the colour “Cinder”. Mix “Ember” and “Flicker” and sweep across the entire eyelid. Next, use “Ember” to contour the eyelid and “Cinder” again on the outer corner of the lid. Build for more intense colour! Highlight under your brows and in the corner of your eye with the pretty “Glint” of gold.
- Eyeliner: Stamp the outer corner of your eye with Lyda Beauty Cleopatra Eyeliner Stamp and then connect the wing across the remainder of your upper lash line using the pen. I’m obsessed with this easy DIY winged liner as I’ve never been able to successfully achieve this sultry look!
- Eyelashes: Curl eyelashes and apply two coats of bareMinerals Strength and Length Mascara to upper lashes and one coat to lower lashes.
- Cheeks: Add colour to your cheeks with Nars Limited Edition Iconic Glow Cheek blush. Use the bronzing powder for contouring or to add all-over sunkissed colour. I love this palette and have been using it every day!
- Powder: Finish with bareMinerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder using your powder brush or blending sponge.
- Lipstick: Apply Nars “Inappropriate Red” lipstick. Va va voom!
Finish your look with these Hollywood glam curls! I used some items gifted to me by Chatters Salon.
- Part towel-dried hair to one side.
- Spray roots with Guts 10 hair mousse and work through with your fingers.
- Spray on a heat-protecting all over, concentrating on the ends.
- Blow-dry with a round brush.
- Using a 1″ curling iron or wand and start on the side with more hair. Holding the iron upside down, curl 1″ pieces of hair TOWARDS your face.
- Once you’ve reached the back, begin again on the other side of your face. This time curl AWAY from your face.
- Finish with a strong hairspray.
How are you celebrating the holidays!!
This is my last blog post of 2020, see you in 2021!