Looking for a change this fall? Want to try something new? How about a new hair cut! In this week’s beauty blog post, I’m teaching you how to cut and style the trending long bob! Learn all of my tricks on how to achieve this look that all the celebrities and beauty Instagrammers are rocking!
Fall Hair Trends 2019
The long bob or “lob” has become all the rage in the past few months. You may have noticed your favourite fashion and beauty Instagrammers have been trading their long extensions for a shorter, more manageable hairstyle. I have been wearing my current set of extensions for 6 months now from The Extensionist so I decided on my reinstall this week that I would try this out! I didn’t go as short this time around but I am planning to chop another inch or two over the next few months. Here are my tips on how to achieve this fresh look for fall.
How to Cut and Style a Long Bob
- LONG BOB – Have your stylist cut your hair somewhere between your mid-breast to shoulder length. Don’t forget, when you add curls to your hair, you lose length! If you’re scared, don’t go too short and you can always go shorter once you get used to it. Mine was cut about 4 inches below my shoulder.
- BLUNT ENDS – Another important aspect, you need a blunt cut at the ends! So don’t thin out your ends, keep them nice and chunky!
- EXTENSIONS – If your hair is thin, you can always try extensions for volume. A thick bob is key to this cute cut so you’ll notice that many people are keeping their extensions but just cutting them shorter. The Extensionist offers a variety of lengths and 16″ would be perfect. You can also try their clip-ins! They are affordable and perfect for achieving this style with added thickness. Use code KIKI15, three times this year to save your 15%!
- CURLING – After washing your hair, blow-dry using a round brush. Then use a straightener or 1″ curling wand to curl your hair. If using a wand, leave at least an inch at the bottom uncurled. This will help keep your ends looking nice and choppy! Finger comb through your hair after the curls set and hair spray throughout. Hello glam girl!
- DARKER ROOTS – If you’re looking for something less maintenance, I am loving my rooted look. I’ve gradually stopped bleaching my hair over the past year as the damage was killing my ends and I couldn’t keep up with the maintenance. My stylist, Hillary, adds in a few highlights on top every 4 months now. I am still really blonde at the bottom and the gradual look is so pretty! I also feel that it doesn’t wash out my skin tone and compliments my eyebrows/eyes better!
Fall Fashion Trends
Leopard print is still so popular, I feel like it will never go out of style! I just updated my fall wardrobe with a few new items from Pink Blush and I am loving this leopard button-up dress! The fabric is polyester so it washes and dries easily without wrinkling. Pair it with a black or coloured belt (try red or neon!) for an accentuated waist. Take this look from summer to fall with block heels to over-the-knee boots!