Want to give your hair a break from the damage of heat and styling? Try this easy no-heat hair tutorial that will give you pretty beach waves that last for days!
Watch and Learn!
I’ve started wearing my hair in these beach waves quite a bit! After years of highlighting and styling with heat tools, my hair is becoming a little fried. This is a great way to add some moisture back after a wash by taking a break from the heat. To make it easy, I’ve created a little IGTV video for this tutorial. Watch and see how it’s done!
View this post on Instagram
How to Create No-Heat Waves!
- Wash and condition your hair. I like to do this style after I deep condition my hair, leaving on a treatment for 20-60 minutes.
- After rinsing and towel drying your hair, brush through. I like to use a leave-in detangling conditioner with my extensions.
- Allow your hair to air dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Finger comb through a palm-sized amount of mousse (depending on the length of your hair) from the roots to the ends.
- Part your hair into two sections down the middle, starting from your forehead to the base of your scalp.
- Doing a dutch or french braid, braid your hair along your hairline all the way to ends. Use a small elastic to secure.
- Now leave your braids in for roughly 8-10 hours, until they are fully dry. Go to sleep!
- Wake up and take out your braids. Gently, separate the braids. Add a little more mousse of a light spray of hairspray. Voila! Beautiful waves that will last for days!
Try this tutorial and let me know how it went in the comments!