As the frugal fashionista that I am, finding great deals is definitely my thing. I get so many outfit questions and most people are surprised to learn where I shop the most: not the expensive brand name stores that you’d expect from a fashion blogger but the well-priced stores that offer good quality at good prices. It’s all about how out take a simple dress, customize it and make it your own. Add a little glam to your style, even on a budget! Here’s how to take an $8 dress and make it look like an $80 dress…
Tips and Tricks on how to add Easy style to your outfit
It’s all about the accessories. I rarely splurge on clothes because they go in and out of style so frequently. However, I do spend a little extra on great accessories: jewelry, purses, hats and shoes. Accessories can be worn much more frequently than a single outfit and they don’t go out of style as quickly. I recently found this cute little dress at Old Navy as a flash sale for $8 and couldn’t wait to wear it on my summer vacation to Port Stanley, Ontario.
- Choose a necklace that’s appropriate for the look you want. Statement necklaces show off a more formal, dressy look. Long necklaces are often more casual.
- Sun hats and sunglasses are great at pulling a summer outfit together.
- Use a large scarf to double as a shawl for cooler evenings instead of a jacket.
- Stack multiple bracelets on your wrist for elegant arm candy.
- Choose an appropriate heel. I am a lover of flats but heels are a must for special evenings out.
- Splurge on a great purse! It’s an everyday items that is worth the money. You can still grab a great sale too!
- Wear lipstick. It seems silly but it is such an easy way to add some glam!
As you can see, this adorable little swing dress that cost less than $10 turned out to be such a great little addition to my summer wardrobe. It could be great for the day, hanging around with the kids, a date night with your hubby or even used as a bathing suit cover up! Change up the accessories to easily get different looks!
To help you out, here a few links to my exact outfit details:
Prescription aviator sunglasses are from GlassifyMe! Use coupon code KRISTIN25 for 25% off.
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE SO THAT YOU NEVER MISS OUT ON A GREAT DEAL!