Hey babes! It’s officially summer! Now I consider the start of summer to be the day that my kids are done school, I finish teaching and we’re rewarded with a two-month break. That just so happens to be this week in Canada! It’s time to break out the flip-flops, short shorts and tank tops (everything that is not permitted in my school dress code) and take advantage of the heat.
Summer Self-Care Routine
Now if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’ll know that I am a big advocate for self-care. As a mom with two young kids, I have to really make an effort to take a little time for myself. I am a firm believer that looking good on the outside, translates to feeling confident on the inside. Time spent on yourself is time never wasted! Your skin is your most important feature, especially as you age and often we don’t spend enough time taking care of it properly. Since we tend to show a lot more of it during the summer, I’m revealing my summer self-care routine to GORGEOUS LEGS! It’s a simple four-step guide that won’t take you a lot of time but guaranteed to make your skin feel radiant.
4 Steps to Glowing, Radiant Legs This Summer!
One: Aveeno Positively Radiant Exfoliating Body Wash
- If you haven’t heard, exfoliating dead skin away is the secret to washing away dull, dry skin to reveal softer, smoother skin.
Two: Skintimate SkinTherapy Shave Gel
- Lather-up with this rich shave gel to help you reduce irritation and guide your path so that you don’t miss a spot!
Three: Schick Intuition Razors
Some of my favourites include:
- Schick Intuition f.a.b. – Genius! You can now shave backwards and forwards with two sets of bi-directional blades.
- Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle – Don’t forget about your bikini line! This is my new favourite item because I suffer from razor-burn when trying to get bathing suit ready. It’s a waterproof bikini trimmer that can be used in or out of the shower. The Hydra-boost is formulated with shea butter and perfect for people with more sensitive skin types.
- Schick Intuition 2-in-1– Talk about a time-saver! Save yourself a step by using the Schick Intuition razor! It lathers and shaves all in one-step during shaving.
- Schick Quattro for Women – The Vitamin E enriched strip and pivoting head with four blades provides and effortless shave that hugs all your curves.
Four: Aveeno Positively Radiant Body Lotion
- End your routine the power of Active Naturals Total Soy Complex from Aveeno, to replenish dull, dry skin and leave it looking radiant! Make sure to moisturize within two minutes of drying off to lock in that essential moisture.
Now I have to admit that I’m a little bit of a razor snob when it comes to shaving my legs. All of these razors mentioned above boast either four or five blades, giving you the closest, most precise shave. That means you can go a little longer between shaves! Because again, when you have little time, it’s important to be efficient!
Does anyone else love to wander around Shopper’s Drug Mart? It’s my favourite spot to wander and check out their amazing range of beauty products. I am all about self-pampering! Next time you’re there you can pick up any of these amazing products for your summer self-care routine!