If there’s one thing about being stuck at home this past year, it has allowed more time for reading books. I’ve read (and listened) to so many novels that I’ve created a list of 25 of the best books to read in 2021! These are all bestselling fiction and non-fiction books that I have read and would absolutely recommend. Don’t forget to please Pin this to Pinterest so you can always come back when you’re looking for a new great read. Plus, I want to introduce you to Cochrane’s cutest book store and where you can find some great used books for a steal!
With winter weather and strict COVID regulations, I’ve forced myself to make time for a favourite past-time: READING! I have also incorporated audiobooks into my daily routine and it’s doubled my book intake, allowing me to read twice as many books as I normally would. As a busy, working mom, I still find it hard to force myself to sit down and relax. So now I can rip through books while completely all my daily tasks and errands. Folding laundry and mopping floors is much more enjoyable while listening to a book!
Hopefully, you will find a few titles in this list that you haven’t read yet and give them a try. Please reach out to me on Instagram and let me know if you’ve read something good lately and I may include it in my next roundup! Instead of giving you a synopsis of each book, please click on the link to take you to each book’s landing page with paperback and Audible reading options. Or try and find it at my favourite bookstore: Evexia Travel and Books!
The Best Books to Read in 2021!
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Love Warrior and Untamed by Glennon Doyle Melton
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Next Year in Havannah by Chanel Cleeton
- The Nightingale By Kristin Hannah
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- American Dirt by Jeanine Cummings
- Anxious People by Fredrik Bachman
- The Cactus by Sarah Haywood
- Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman
- The Handmaid’s Tale and The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- Greenlights by Matthew McCaughnahey
- The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn
- The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi
- Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
Evexia Travel & Books
Another thing I discovered this year was Evexia Travel’s newly formed used book store! This location is located in the small town of Cochrane, Alberta. Evexia’s layout is not your conventional arrangement as titles are sorted on the shelves by colours and not by author. At first, it may seem unorthodox but I truly believe you’ll end up loving how it forces you to slow down and examine every book. It’s like finding hidden treasures!
The store is welcoming and cozy. You’ll love chatting with the local owner, Julia, who happens to be a good friend of mine and one of the sweetest people I’ve ever met. She has a variety of used books and new releases. They also have a great collection of vinyl records! The used titles are still of great condition and will also save you a bundle with her colour-coded pricing system. Spend a quiet hour here and leave with some great new reads!