Condition First, Shampoo Second
I have been using TRESemmé hair products for years, so when I heard about their new reverse shampoo and conditioner system, I was eager to try it out. After spending my entire life washing my hair with shampoo first, and conditioning my ends second, the thought of doing it in reverse left me intrigued.
What is it? TRESemmé BEAUTY-FULL VOLUME is a reverse system where you condition FIRST (from root to tip) to soften your locks and then shampoo SECOND to wash the weight away. There are five products in this new line: Pre-wash Conditioner, Full Volume Shampoo, Volume Hair Maximizer, Touchable Bounce Mousse, and Flexible Finish Hairspray.
After the shower, apply the light-weight cream to your damp ends and work the mousse through your hair before blow drying with a round brush. Leave your hair straight or curl it. Follow up with the flexible hold hairspray to complete your look!
What did I notice? A few things that really stood out to me was that I did have a lot more volume at my roots than I normally do. My hair is pretty thin and straight so I can always use a little more volume and bounce. I also noticed that my curls held really well and that they even looked freshly curled the second day.
Personally, I love the TRESemmé Tres Two Extra Hold hairspray (it’s my everyday go-to), and I would recommend it over the flexible finish hairspray in this line. I just find that I need a stronger hold for my curls, especially when I want to make them last for a couple days.
Who would I recommend this new line of hair products to?
- If you need some volume! I really did notice a big difference at my roots.
- If you find that your hair doesn’t hold curl very well. This line might be just the answer to getting the curls you’ve been wanting.
- For those, like me, who like to wash their hair every few days. This line won’t leave your hair feeling greasy!
- Mommas who are struggling with their “blah” locks. A lot of women experience a different texture to their hair after having babies. Give yourself a little volume lift!
- Because of the light conditioner, I do recommend doing a hair mask or deep condition once every couple weeks to restore moisture to your ends.
- If you’re looking for a tutorial on how to curl these beautiful loose waves, head to my previous blog post.
Catch my hair style tricks and tips by following along with me on Instagram.