Keep calm and WHIPPED COFFEE on! If you haven’t tried this easy three-ingredient recipe yet then don’t hesitate any longer! I’ve included some great recipe variations to try as well.
Whipped coffee will be your new favourite treat while self-isolating and it only takes a few minutes to whip up! This new afternoon pick-me-up has been trending all over social media but I was surprised that there was virtually no online blog showing this recipe. There are only 3 simple ingredients to create the whipped coffee and then you can layer this treat over milk, baileys, or even ice cream. I did not create this recipe, but whoever did is an absolute genius!
Whipped Coffee Recipe
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
Add all three ingredients into a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat the mixture on medium for about 2-3 minutes until creamy and soft peaks form. If your texture isn’t creamy enough, beat on high for another minute. Serve over ice and milk or cream in these pretty glass mugs or mason jar mugs.
Try these fun variations!
- Line your glass with caramel or chocolate before adding your dairy and ice cubes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and a little nutmeg on top for extra flavour.
- Make your whipped coffee a little boozy by adding Baileys, Amarula, or Kahlua!
- Substitute your sugar and 1 tbsp of water for 1 tbsp of flavoured syrup
- Add in a tsp of vanilla to substitute some of your water.
- Try decaf instant coffee.
- Serve over ice cream for an easy, delicious dessert!
Looking for some great drinks for at-home happy hour? Try these:
Stay safe out there,