Oh Canada. The Farmer’s Almanac is predicting colder-than-normal temperatures for the upcoming winter. Hence, this is making me a little less than excited to endure the “frigid” temperatures until spring. So what do us Canadians wear to keep warm? Here is the unofficial Canadian Uniform, plus I’ve included some fun facts about this awesome country that I call home :
The Canadian uniform
Give me all the buffalo plaid. Seriously. Every member of my family has some black and red checkers in their closet. Grab this cozy flannel shirt for a steal this fall!
A major staple in Canada! Every year The Hudson’s Bay Company designs new red mittens to sell and donates portion of the proceeds to support our Olympians . Grab the ones I’m wearing on sale for $7.50 or get the new design here!
We were them for three out of four seasons! They are my rain, snow and slush boots. For more tips on how to buy Hunter Boots at discount, see my previous post here.
High-wasited skinny jeans give your figure some definition and curve. Subsititute jeans or my personal favourite: faux-leather leggings.
They good on just about everyone whether you are male or female. I’m partial to the gold with the green lens.
Shop the Look:
Fun Facts about Canada
Now just in case you needed a little geography lesson today, here are some fun facts about Canada from factslides.com. In all honesty, I didn’t know some of these stats!
- Canada is the second largest country in the world, right after Russia.
- The population is over 36 million.
- Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world’s lakes combined.
- English AND French are our official languages.
- Canada is the World’s Most Educated Country: over half its residents have college degrees.
- With 1,896 km (1,178 mi), the Yonge Street in Toronto, Canada, is the longest street in the world.
- Canada has the largest coastline in the world.
- The North American Beaver is the national animal.
- “Canada” is an Iroquoian language word meaning “Village.”
- Canada consumes the most doughnuts and has the most doughnut shops per capita of any country in the world.