Desserts in a jar are my new favourite thing. With Pinterest being such a great visual place to find recipes, I decided to try one out last week while entertaining guests. They were so easy to make and so yummy that I was quickly on the path to creating my own: say hello to the Oreo Cherry Cheesecake Jar Dessert!
Time isn’t something I have a lot of these days so lately I choose recipes based on the following things: quick, easy, cheap and delicious! I used oreo baking crumbs for this cheesecake variation giving it the look of a black forest cake. The red, white and black colours make it perfect for the holiday season too!
In case I haven’t sold you on this mouth-watering dessert, I made a little list on why mason jar desserts will be your new favourite way to entertain:
- Quick and easy to make
- Don’t require baking time
- Look fun and appetizing
- Everyone gets their own portion
- They don’t have to be perfect to still look great
- Easy clean up
- Throw the lid on to save leftovers for later
- So many variations to experiment with!
Cherry Cheesecake in a jar
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened,
- 2 cups prepared whipped topping
- 2 cups Oreo baking crumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
serves six people.
- Beat softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl.
- Add whipped cream to mixture, combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- This recipe yields 6-8 small mason jars.
- Substitute Oreo crumbs for graham crackers crumbs or coarsely chopped cookies.
- Instead of mason jars, use wine glasses!
If you love it, please share it!
Find me here: INSTAGRAM / PINTEREST / TWITTER / ETSY / JAMBERRY
Ashley Peavey says
Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins says
Looks delicious! My kids would think this is so fun and I love that it’s perfect for adults too.
Looks so good!
These looks so delicious and would be perfect for my coworkers!
Rachel Catherine says
Oh these look great! I would love to try to make these at home for holiday time!