My day starts early. Every morning my alarm goes off at 6am and for the next 16 hours, chaos ensues. By the end of the day, I would look in the mirror and look so haggard. My eye shadow had completely creased into my eye lid, my eyeliner was smudged, and my mascara was flaking off. I looked like crap! I had to find a way to get my eye make up to last so that I still looked refreshed by the end of the day. Here is my new beauty routine:
5-minute makeup that lasts
As a mom with two young boys and a teacher who works part-time I need something that I can do every morning without a lot of time to spare. As busy women, we need makeup that lasts! Three things that I wanted to accomplish with my morning makeup routine:
- I wanted it to be quick.
- I wanted it to be affordable.
- I wanted it to last without having to reapply it during the day.
Instead of writing everything down in a post, I figured that it may be easier to make another YouTube Video, showing you exactly what I do to make my eye makeup last. Please excuse the fact that I tend to make funny faces while applying makeup! One secret ingredient that I will let you in on is the SmashBox 24 hour eye shadow primer. This was a game changer for me, mostly because it kept my eye shadow looking fresh all day long.
- Curl eyelashes.
- Apply mascara to top lashes.
- Line bottom lash line with a colour stay eye pencil.
- Apply SmashBox Photo Finish eyeshadow primer and allow to dry.
- Using an eyeshadow brush, highlight inner corner of eye and under brow line.
- Apply eyeshadow using your finger and blend!
- Use a liquid eyeliner to line your top lash line.
- Re-curl eyelashes and separate using an eyelash comb.
- Do your final coat of mascara to top and bottom lashes!
What is your makeup must-have?
Never miss a post! Sign up to have them delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to Blog via Email