How about a little tutorial this week? In this week’s blog post, I’m sharing how I add fun video effects to still photographs! Use this technique to add character and movement to your social media posts. It’s easy to do!
Boost Your Engagement on Instagram
Overlaying video effects over photos on Instagram, grabs your audience’s attention. It causes them to pause and take a closer look at your post, thus making the oh-so-difficult algorithm favour your post. The most time people spend engaging and viewing your post, the better it is for your account! This amazing app that I’ve found allows you to add effects while your original photo stays still.
This Mint Striped Floral Colorblock Ruffle Maxi Dress (say that three times fast!) is the first outfit that I’ve put on for outdoor photos in seven weeks! I love the chevron ruffle trim, soft fabric, and pockets! It’s the perfect spring dress. The cold weather and social-distancing has made me want to stay safe at home. Finally, the sun came out last week and I decided to take a trip down to the Shipping Container Park in the neighbourhood of Kensington, Calgary.
How to Add Effects to Instagram Photos
I stumbled across the Vimage App a few months ago and now I’m addicted to finding creative ways to add real-looking effects to my still photographs on Instagram. What I love about this app compared to others is that there is a large selection of effects and it’s very user friendly. There are so many possibilities! Push play on these videos in post to watch the magic happen!
1. Download the free Vimage app onto your mobile phone.
2. Click the + button to start your Vimage.
3. Choose Gallery to use one of your own photos from your phone’s photo gallery.
4. Tap the photo you’d like to use.
5. Now tap the + sign from the new screen to choose which live effect you’d like to use. I personally love the whimsical type selections: bubbles, snow, rain, glitter, or sun rays.
6. Click on the checkmark in the top right corner to confirm your selection. Here you can then edit your photo or change the speed of your effect.
7. Click the share button in the top right corner. Here’s is where I decided to pay for the upgrade of this app. For a couple of reasons: you can change the video quality to HD resolution/1280p, which is absolutely worth it if you’re planning to post this video onto social media. The 780p offered in the free version is quite grainy and of lower quality. The purchase also removes the watermark overlay from your videos.
9. Once you’re satisfied with your image, the next arrow tap will then create the Vimage for you. Don’t forget to save it to your camera roll as it doesn’t do so automatically! Upload your new MP4 video into your new Instagram post!
Now you try! Tag me in your Vimage Instagram videos so that I can check them out!!