When you live in a neighbourhood full of children, you’re almost sure to find dozens of Springfree Trampolines. Read on to see how to keep up with your neighbours by following the number one backyard trend. Plus 10 fun ways to use your trampoline this summer!
Keeping Up With The Neighbours
I’m totally a mom of the ‘burbs. I live in the second largest neighbourhood in Calgary, Alberta. With over 20,000 people and most being young families, you might call it “kid central”. It’s the kind of suburb that you move to, grow your family and have a hard time ever wanting to leave the sense of community that evolves in your life.
My kids are finally at the age where playdates are my saving grace. My boys have made many friendships through local pre-school, school, hockey, lacrosse and soccer programs. Now that they are getting older, it’s easier for them to have neighbourhood friends over and I love that I can now turn them loose in the backyard. But I still have to provide a source of entertainment to keep them occupied!
One thing we’ve noticed over the past few years is the number of Springfree Trampolines in our neighbourhood. It’s almost comical as we walk through the paths and notice that so many backyards have this type of trampoline. Almost no one has swimming pools, or air conditioning, in Calgary as our summers are too short and they really don’t get warm enough. As parents, we just want to get our kids outside as much as possible to enjoy the weather while it’s here! Springfree is making this happen by providing safe and exciting ways to get you and your kids active.
In order to keep up with the neighbours, we decided it was time to get a Springfree Trampoline too. Having a trampoline will not only get your children outside but it will also help you to make new friends! Kids LOVE to bounce and trust me when I say that everyone will want to be their new best friend. Even my best friend wanted to come over and do some chalk art when she found out that we’ve been using our mat as a canvas (as you can see, she’s amazingly talented!). I challenge you to host a morning playdate or an afternoon barbecue and get to know your neighbours better!
If you missed my previous post when I surprised my boys with a Springfree Trampoline, make sure to go back and check it out. I outline all the great safety standards and you don’t want to miss the surprise video. We’ve had our trampoline for a couple months now and we’ve found some really cool ways to use it.
10 Ways to Use Your Trampoline This Summer
Funnily enough, when we received our trampoline, I figured we would be obviously doing a lot of jumping but what I didn’t anticipate was all of the other creative ways we’ve been using our trampoline. Here is a list of our 10 favourites:
- Jump! – get your exercise and your heart rates pumping
- Basketball – practice your shooting skills and play scoring games with your hoop
- tgoma – get active with your tablet and all the games and activities this app has to offer
- Games – my kids love tag, cops n’ robbers, octopus, or anything they can make up using their imaginations
- Picnics – have lunch or dinner in the fresh air and off the grass
- Chalk – let your mat become your canvas!
- Sprinkler – a great way to cool off and wash your chalk drawings away
- Star Gazing – cozy blankets and pillows make for special moments for your family
- Movie nights – set up a projection screen or use your tablets to take advantage of warm summer evenings
- Dance Party – have your kids put on a show while dancing to their favourite tunes
Offer ends Sept. 30, 2017.
Love and laughter,
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Springfree but all thoughts content and opinions are my own.