Make the easiest and tastiest butter chicken in your slow cooker tonight! Hide vegetables in the sauce so your kids won’t suspect and you even have the option of making it low fat! Win, win, win! This recipe has 5 ingredients, barely any prep time and only a 2 hour cook time. Read on for deliciousness…
The beauty of the slow cooker is that you can throw everything into the pot, put the lid on it and forget about it. It fills your house with all the smells of a home cooked meal while you do other things. I love recipes that don’t make me cook anything before hand and I can literally just dump everything into the crock pot, put on the lid and walk away.
I seriously don’t know what I would do without my crock pot somedays. I’ve talked before about how my lust for cooking died with the onset of my super picky child eaters. I feel like I have a menu of 10 recipes that I am able to make on a weekly basis because that is all my two boys will eat. Gone are the days of fish, sushi, and mushrooms and the days of pizza, mac n’ cheese and spaghetti on repeat are here to stay. Those plus butter chicken. Okay super strange I know, but my kids LOVE butter chicken. It’s my only saving grace because it just so happens to be my absolute favourite meal too.
Now the best part about this is that you can HIDE vegetables in this recipe! I fine grate carrots and zucchini and add them into the crock pot so that I am can feel happy that my kids are getting a serving of vegetables. Another great thing about this recipe is that you do not have to cook anything before hand. No extra dishes to be done!
As for the sauce, you can find it in a double pack at Costco. You can’t beat the price and the other amazing thing is that unlike most Indian sauces this one is NOT cream based. So it’s really low in fat! I choose to add the sour cream in my sauce because it takes away some of the spiciness and makes it creamier. If you are counting calories then you don’t have to add the sour cream or choose low fat sour cream.
Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- 1-2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 jar KFI Butter Chicken sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- Finely grate carrots and zucchini.
- Place uncooked chicken breast along with carrots and zucchini in slower cooker.
- Pour butter chicken sauce over chicken and vegetables. Stir to mix vegetables into sauce.
- Cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- Using 2 forks, pulled chicken apart until evenly shredded.
- Before serving, stir in 1 cup of sour cream.
- Serve over cooked rice with Naan bread.