Summer styles are finally hitting stores, leaving us dreaming of sunshine, warm weather days, are gardens full of fresh blooms. This blog post is one that YOU CANNOT MISS! I’m packing in so much from my latest trip to my favourite tulip festival in Canada where I got to frolic around in the newest, prettiest styles from Joe Fresh. I’ve hand-picked my must-have summer outfits plus, I’m giving you an exclusive 25% coupon code to shop!
Summer Style with Joe Fresh plus Coupon Code!
Joe Fresh has been one of my favourite stores to shop in since it first opened in Canada. Their style is always fun, on trend and very affordable. It’s easy to update your closet every season with a mix of wardrobe basics and trendy pieces. This season, they’ve had me lusting after everything in-store and online with so many great summer options! And now you can shop and save too by using my exclusive coupon code KIKI25 at check-out!
I really wanted to capture a couple of new head-to-toe outfits at this year’s Bloom Tulip Festival in Abbotsford, British Columbia. I fell in so love with this colour-filled flower field last spring that I had to make the visit from Calgary again this year. Interested in learning more about capturing the perfect photos? Check out my tips at the end of this post.
If you’re looking to refresh your clothes with some new accessories from Joe Fresh, then you’ll love the must-have Crochet Bag. You’ll love the detailing in this purse: the handles are circular wood and it comes in either black or white. Match a pair of thong sandals and floppy straw sun hat to complete your look! Try adding these accessories with any of the colourful Classic Tees that are a steal at only $12!
Another trend that you will love and that I can’t get enough of is the Acid Wash Jean Shorts. I like them so much that I bought a pair in black and cherry blossom pink! These will suit women young and old as the waist is high and the length is modest but can also be rolled up and cuffed. Tuck in a coloured Essential Tank, add skinny belt and you’ve got a great summer outfit that cost less than $50!
While I’m on the topic of denim, white jeans are a staple that keep coming back every year. Do you own a pair yet? These Slim Boyfriend Jeans are updated perfectly for 2019 with modest distressing and a slit bottom at the ankle. I lived in this pair on our trip to Abbotsford and they couldn’t have been more comfortable. You may want to size down as they do have some stretch. And if you love the style, they also come in shorts!
To make it easy, I’ve linked both of my complete outfits from the Joe Fresh Summer Collection! Don’t forget to use coupon code KIKI25 for 25% off!
Slim Boyfriend Distressed White Jeans
Jelly Jacket in Corn Flower Blue
Clear Frame Mirrored Sunglasses (available in-store only)
Watch The Experience
Sometimes photos just don’t do travel experiences justice so I created a short video, highlighting all the fun and fashion from Tulip Festival.
View this post on Instagram
Tulip Festival in Canada Tips
Looking to get the best photos and avoid the crowds? Check out my FIVE personal tips for enjoying flower fields in Canada.
- Wait for “high bloom” – When the tulips have fully grown and are starting to open, this is when you will get the best photos with the most colour. It takes a bit of timing but totally worth the wait. Check online to find out when they are projecting the transition from low bloom to high bloom to plan your trip to the field!
- Buy your tickets online – avoid lineups and potential sell outs by purchasing your ticket online. You can choose your timeframe and take advantage of the coveted sunrise or sunset tickets.
- Go early in the morning – purchase a sunrise ticket that allows early entry between 5-9am. It’s a little more expensive but you will get the best lighting and way fewer people to contend with.
- Plan for a weekday – beat the crowds by going on a weekday, the field will be much less crowded, the earlier you go, the better!
- Wait for a cloudy day – as a photographer, I LOVE to shoot on cloudy days. If you aren’t keen about getting up at 3am to visit before sunrise, hit the jackpot by waiting for a cloudy day. My experience was ten times better than last year. On this cloudy Friday morning, there was almost no one at the field! We got to take advantage of all the Instagram props (the bike, the hot air balloon basket) and there was no one in the background in any of my photos. It was amazing!
Want more information about the Tulip Festival in Abbotsford, including where to stay and dine? Check out last year’s blog posts:
- Tulip Festival in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford: Come for the Tulips, Stay for the Food and Wine.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Joe Fresh. All thoughts, opinions, styling, and photographs are my own.
Leave a Reply