What is the coquette makeup trend of 2023? This is the top beauty trend so far this year! Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to achieve this ultra-romantic and feminine beauty look at home.
What is the Coquette Makeup trend?
Coquette Beauty is the leading emerging beauty trend of 2023! It stems from the “coquette aesthetic” of embracing and indulging in all things romantic and beautiful. The term “coquette” is French for “having a tendency to flirt often”. In fashion, think of frills, lace, bows, hearts, and ribbons as part of the coquette look. In makeup, think of flirty doe eyes and soft, feminine pinks!
I am loving this makeup trend because it’s pretty minimal and is suitable as an everyday makeup look. But if you want to head out for a date night, what better than a flirty makeup look?
Here is a brief overview of the coquette makeup trend:
- Soft pink eyeshadows
- Liquid black winged eyeliner on the upper lashline
- Rosy cheeks with pink blush
- Shimmer highlight
- Nude pink lips
Coquette Makeup Tutorial
Using Seint Makeup, I create a personalized compact with some of my favourite pink shades! Here is exactly what I used to create the Coquette Makeup look:
- Use the larger end of your eyeshadow brush to apply matte Mama eyeshadow all over your eyelid
- Use the smaller end of your eyeshadow brush to apply matte Lullaby eyeshadow to the outer corner of your eyelid
- Use your finger to apply shimmery Sis eyeshadow from the inner corner of your eye to the middle of your eyelid
- Blend softly with your eyeshadow blush
Lower lash line
- Lightly line your lower lash line using the line brush or a small, flat brush and Black Friday Eyeliner. This should look light and soft, not a harsh line!
Upper lash line
- Line the upper lash line with a black liquid liner. Wing the liner at the outer corner of your lashes to make your eyes look bigger and create that coquette “doe-eye” effect! Have trouble with drawing winged eyeliner? Try an eyeliner stamp!
- Use the wider end of your IIID brush or a blush brush to dab a pink blush like the colour Pink Grapefruit on the apples of your cheeks and back along your cheekbones. Blend for a smooth finish.
- Use a powder or cream illuminator like Angel, on the tops of your cheekbones and under the tail of your brow for a subtle, shimmery highlight!
- Try a soft pink on your lips. I layer Pixi Beauty’s Pastel Petal under a quick swipe of my blush colour Pink Grapefruit. Seint lip and cheek colours and interchangeable! Add a clear liquid lip gloss to finish the look!
For more information on Seint, see these blog posts: